[Dixielandjazz] Tears

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 3 02:38:25 PDT 2012

I have just played the version of `Tears` by the Black Eagles.

I don`t think that I have ever listened to a tune with absolutely no
discernable melody line before. A nice sound , obviously  enjoyed by the
band and the audience but no tune.

I dont think `Tears` gets played over here. At least I cannot recall ever
hearing of it. The only `Tears` known here is a song, a waltz,  recorded by
by a comedian. Ken Dodd, called Tears for souvenirs` . This was top of the
charts for several weeks way back when. I think it was the first tune I
learned on a ukulele which must have been around 50 years ago.
I can usually whistle the melody line to a tune but I am afraid that `Tears`
defeated me. Am I missing something?
Anyone have a lead sheet?

Pat