[Dixielandjazz] Tears

Keith Garner ckg at talktalk.net
Sun Jun 3 05:03:09 PDT 2012

Hi All

Pat Ladd wrote

> I dont think `Tears` gets played over here. At least I cannot recall ever
> hearing of it.

I sort of half agree with him - I know Phil Mason has recorded it, but on
the other hand for some years now I've been trying to get bands I've been
with to do it - but nobody has known it.

he also wrote

The only `Tears` known here is a song, a waltz,  recorded by by a comedian.
Ken Dodd, called Tears for souvenirs` .

This tune has it's first few notes in common with 'Softly Awakes my Heart'
from Samson et Delilah by Sant-Saens. I've often wondered whether this was
accidental or not.

Regards
Keith Garner
Grand Union Syncopators