[Dixielandjazz] What's wrong with this picture?

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Wed Jan 25 11:50:00 PST 2012

 What's wrong is this fool is even too foolish to even apply for a Grant to subsidize his
foolish promotions,  obviously he/she is one of those old Art for Art's Sake presenters that is mentally challenged!

There are plenty of fools in the ART's Funding game to give up money for this kind of thing.   Unfortunately it is often much easier to get it for this kind of project than it is to get funded for legitimate music with an audience to at least expand upon.   You know the kind who Fund "Blank Canvas Paintings"  and junk metal welded sculptures  from auto wrecking yards and then sold to some idiot in a City beautification project for Millions of Dollars to be placed on display in a well traveled section of the city to piss off the citizens who paid for it out of their Taxes.    Art is one of the most misused words in our language.

If nobody wants to pay to hear it and the musicians are still willing to be bull headed enough to go play it and never have an audience
to support it then they deserve each other.  You usually get what you pay for, and sometimes Free is too much.

At least that's how I see it !!

Bart