[Dixielandjazz] What's wrong with this picture?

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 25 08:56:49 PST 2012

Old Joke:

Question: Why are you hitting yourself in the head with a hammer?
Answer:    Because it feels so good when I stop.

The below promoter and bands who play these concerts, have not stopped
yet. VBG

BTW, these are Free Jazz/Avant Garde Jazz concerts. Talk about no
audience . . . Not even when the musos play on the cheap and you don't
have to pay to get in

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
'www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

 From a jazz concert series promotional flyer:
  "The cost of admission is the choice of each person in attendance.
(a Free Will Offering)  I would like to continue to make these
programs available without charging a set admission fee that would
prohibit the attendance of those who are honestly unable to contribute
but want to hear the music and interact with the artists. I appreciate
that some of you have contributed to performances even when unable to
attend. I unfortunately do lose money on all of these shows based on
low attendance, so it is extremely helpful and I extend my thanks to
all of you! Thanks also to the great and generous artists who have
come to play here as a labor of love for far less than I know they
should have been compensated."