[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: Swing dance gigs

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Jan 18 00:17:38 PST 2012

Bob Ringwald wrote:
>The promoters here aren't a bit interested in exposing the dancers to live
bands if they get the same response from recorded music.  I wonder when the
promoters in Spain will wise up???

This particular dance club that I posted the other day is privately owned.
They give all types of ballroom dance classes, and once in awhile have a
dance party....charging an entrance fee to cover costs.  They are not
promoters as such, rather trying to promote their dance club, so they are
not trying to make a profit the night of the dance.  As can be seen in the
video...the joint is packed!  Having a 45 year old name (big fish in a small
pond!) helps draw in people!

The desire is to expose their dancers to live music, but they blend our
swing music with latin, pasadobles, waltzes, etc, etc, that are recorded.
They love to say "do you want to hear this jazz band play Latin now?", and
we do one of our regular tunes with a Latin beat, just to prove that live
can be flexible & good.

Jim