[Dixielandjazz] Suggestions for a 4th of July Concert?

larryzaidan at optonline.net larryzaidan at optonline.net
Wed Jan 18 05:39:35 PST 2012

Hey folks,
I have very much enjoyed reading the thoughts expressed on this list. Thank you.
I am new to Traditional Jazz (more of a "classical guy", by training), but I am trying to get a
trad band up, and gigging (don't worry, the other guys know what they're doing!).  I have almost secured a 4th of July gig, but am not sure what tunes would work well for that setting (we would be playing just before the fireworks).  Anybody played one of these type gigs?
I will also need to locate the fake sheets for any of the non-traditional
trad tunes.  ;-)
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Regards,
Larry