[Dixielandjazz] "Jedge Blues is Blues"

Bert Thompson dr_bert at juno.com
Fri Jan 13 11:12:55 PST 2012

 Message: 10
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:21:54 +1100
From: "Jack Mitchell" <fjmitch at westnet.com.au>
To: "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] "Jedge Blues is Blues"

Bill Haesler wrote:
" I am familiar with the copyright fight. As you would expect.
 But not the quote "Jedge Blues is Blues".> Source please, so that I can
officially concede defeat.
 <big grin>
 If it is in the chapter in H O Brunn''s book 'The Story of the Original
Dixieland Jazz Band' regarding the court case, then I missed it.
 Although, there is  similar reference "All blues is alike..." on page 81.

Dear Bill,

It is indeed in Brunn's book - page 81 in my paperback edition.

Best wishes
Jack

It's also on p. 81 of the hardbound edition of Brunn's book that I have.

Regards,

Bert Thompson