[Dixielandjazz] Bixing

Jim Hillesheim jwh66047 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 20:59:34 PST 2012

Hello Steve,

Thanks so much for your response, and to others, for bringing Malcolm Shaw's essay to our attention, and then to my attention in particular. Refreshing stuff to say the least. Having spent some 40 years at a major university on the faculty I'm all-too-familiar with PC doctrine, and its generally corrupting influence, in my opinion at least. Now, thanks to Shaw, I've added Bixing to my vocabulary.

As a life-long lover of OKOM I'm thankful that I discovered this list several years ago. It seems like I can never get enough of the stuff discussed on this list, including the banter, such as that between you and Bill.

Cheers,

Jim,

Lawrence, Kansas