[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dances at Denver Airport

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 10 04:00:07 PST 2012

Yes, I can believe it. I once brought about 16 swing dancers to a  concert
we did at a jazz club.etc>>

Stephen,

Go steady on the old guard. The important bit there is that you were doing a
CONCERT not a dance.

I should stop going to my local jazz club too if they had swing dancers.
These days I go to listen to the music. I went to dances when I was younger
and everyone danced. People who want to listen to the music do not go to
DANCES. You mix the two at your peril.

Isn`t there room for both? My jazz club has no dancing and is well
attended..
The local Council who run Swing Dance sessions seem to be fully booked .

Thats great. But keep them separate.

Cheers

Pat