[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dances at Denver Airport

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 08:56:52 PST 2012

Louis Lince wrote about the Swing Dancers in the Denver Airport:
(polite snip)

"At once dance club in the UK there are 14 young (20-30 year old swing
dancers who have started attending and - - SHOCK, HORROR- dance and
enjoy themselves. It's great for the bands . . . BUT some of the old
guard have stopped attending because they don't like it!  Can you
believe it?

Dear Louis:

Yes, I can believe it. I once brought about 16 swing dancers to a
concert we did at a jazz club. Their usual attendance was 80, so this
was a PAYING 20% increase.

BUT, same as you experienced. Some old folks complained and so I never
did it again.

Bottom Line? If they don't change their ways . . . get rid of the old
folks who complain and get younger folks. How hard can that be? Not as
hard as some may think. Note that on all of the You Tubes of that
flash mob there, are 728,000 views in just a month and a half.

Conclusion? Artery hardened old complainers are IRRELEVANT. See the
first you tube below and note the number of hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99p6l8v0FQ

By the way, below is a youtube of how they scripted the dance
sequence. God bless the children  who have their own. VBG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKWAd8aPLXY

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband