[Dixielandjazz] Dog Fight -- Jazz History

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Jan 2 09:03:42 PST 2012

    Stephen G Barbone  wrote:

> " Probably because your musicians skipped the Ragtime era, and the
> Marching Band era as a precursor to the development of jazz. Musicians
> who picked up on jazz directly from the USA, apparently did not  research
> how it developed in the USA."

Steve, I have found that most Trad musicians outside the USA know the history of American Jazz better than us Yanks.

Likewise, and even more so, with the non-American fans.  I remember speaking to one of the Preservation Hall JB musicians who told me that young kids in Europe knew more about his life than he could remember.

--Bob Ringwald
Still waiting for the shuttle to the boat . . . . I mean ship.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

Wireless Internet is like Sex.
You still want it,
even if it's unprotected and in a public place.