[Dixielandjazz] Red Holloway R.I.P.

Justin Au jtazztrumpet at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:34:39 PST 2012

Sad news, indeed.  The jazz world has lost another incredible player, and
wonderful individual.  I feel privileged to have had the good fortune of
playing with him on several occasions here on the California Central Coast.
 He lived in Cambria for the last 26 years of his life.

Despite being a bebop and blues player, he seemed to take a liking to my
gypsy band and our occasional psychedelic (you don't hear that word very
often nowadays) take on gypsy swing.  We were supposed to have one last gig
together in February with David Amram, but unfortunately that's just after
Red had suffered his stroke.  Our next show will probably be a tribute to
him - Django style.

-Justin
San Luis Obispo, CA