[Dixielandjazz] Silver Creek Jazz Band in Concert

Dave Stoddard dhs2 at peoplepc.com
Tue Feb 7 21:19:07 PST 2012

Dear Listers:

Jazz fans who are in Austin, TX this weekend are welcome at the concert by Silver Creek Jazz Band for the Austin Traditional Jazz Society.  This will be at Cap City Comedy Club, 8120 Research Boulevard from 2 to 5 pm.  Since its founding in 2007 Silver Creek has played an interesting mix of public and private events in the Greater Austin Area.  I will lead and play trombone, and will be joined by Ben Saffer (clarinet), Larmon Maddox (cornet), Jim Vence (guitar), Bobby Black (banjo), fellow lister Dan Augustine (tuba) and Rob Schmidt (drums).  It's a fine group and should give a good concert.  We will play an interesting mix of tunes rarely heard in the area.

For more information, see www.atjs.org.

Regards,
Dave Stoddard
Round Rock, TX