[Dixielandjazz] Christmas Remembered

Tim Eldred julepjerk at surewest.net
Sat Dec 15 13:42:04 PST 2012

My wife and I attended this event last night in Rocklin, California,
primarily to hear Fulton Street.  (Mr. Ringwald had sent an email about  the
free event.)  It turned out to be a marvelous re-creation of a 40's main
street, with various "stores", refreshments, and all of the participants
dressed in 40's-era clothing.   The chestnuts were hand-roasted over open
fires, and were perfectly cooked.  Fulton Street was great and added hugely
to the atmosphere.  Kids (little ones) got in front of the stage and danced
with abandon to the beat.  One couple in 40's clothing performed entire
dance routines from that era.  And the kids got their parents out dancing
with them.  Fulton Street played a variety of Christmas and traditional
numbers, all of which the audience loved.  Thank you to Mr. Ringwald for
letting us know about this opportunity, and kudos to the entire band for the
brightness they brought to this marvelous event...