[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: Old, but new!

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Dec 13 01:18:59 PST 2012

Marek wrote:
>It was not the only time I've heard working musicians bored with their job,
but those were veterans whom I had been dying to hear for ages, and they let
me down.

That's why I wrote what I wrote in an earlier post, you've got to figure the
most important person in the world is out there listening everytime you get
on the stage.  YOU were that most important person that night, and the band
spoiled it for you.  Terrible shame.

I've mentioned many times on this list that during my early years I spent
every free nite I had listening to Teddy Buckner's band in Los Angeles.  He
never once played less than as good as he could, nor did anyone else in his
band.  And, that was a 6 nite a week gig at the Beverly Caverns that went on
for a couple of years, followed by another year at a lounge that I don't
recall the name.  They played all the old ones, they did all the same tricks
to get a laugh, and I laughed even though I'd seen it so many times before.
His joy of playing was projected to anyone in the audience.

That is the real job of a musician.

Jim