[Dixielandjazz] Lonely Woman Evan and Ornette

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 15:25:41 PDT 2012

> New Orleans music branched out from the "traditional" decades ago and
> includes Funk, Zydeco, Rhythm and Blues, Rock & Roll, Hip Hop, Heavy Metal,
> and Modern Jazz, to name just a few.

True.  I did mention the many New Orleans modernists.  Nevertheless,
despite Zydeco and Dr. John and Prof. Longhair, th efirst associaiion
that comes to mind when New Orleans is mentioned is New Orleans style
jazz, even for people who know the Marsalises and the other musicians
you mention, and the many you don't.

But I am wrong, of course - I dare not to agree with you.  Oh, one
more thing: I do not try to speak for anybody.

Cheers