[Dixielandjazz] Zydeco

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 28 17:20:37 PDT 2012

Pardon my intrusion into this ongoing and boring duel between two members
who would be better advised to continue elsewhere. I seem to recall in the
history of Louisiana  that there was a great place near the oaks that was
the site to settle disputes with pistols.

I contend that Zydeco music is more associated a fair way west of New
Orleans. During a trip to Mississippi and Louisiana with one one my sons
mainly to seek out blues historical  sites and hopefully hear some relevant
music, which we did in abundance, that one of the highlights was the music
of the far western reaches of the state, not too far away from visiting
Bunk's grave which in itself will be with me forever.
 The music, the food and the friendship of the local populace was
outstanding ,the only problem was that a combination of these factors caused
me to eat far too much.
The three week trip had me contemplating applying for citizenship in the
Magnolia State

Please try to reduce the volume of postings trying to establish intellectual
superiority. Perhaps our moderator should intervene.

Cheers, Glen Page.