[Dixielandjazz] Lonely Woman Evan and Ornette

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 08:47:38 PDT 2012

Dear Steve,
As usual, you choose to read selectively, and ignore whatever does not
serve you.  Otherwise you might - just might - have noticed that I did
hear Ornette Coleman, and John Coltrane (and Arche Shepp and Sun Ra
and Albert Ayler, although I did not mention their names), much too
much of them, in fact.  But noticing would mean admitting that I knew
what I was talking about.  And you would not do that, even though you
have in the past, when I ws still a newbie on the list.
Since most of waht you say has very little relevance to the subject or
to the list, I'll not go into it.  And I don't care how YOU describe
Evan Christopher; however, I am sticking to my (by now) well based
description. Beforehand, you could have claimed that I did not know
enough, because I had not heard two particular numbers by a musician I
know very well; by now I have heard those, and it only reinforced my
opinion,  Don's playing in a post-bop group has no relevance to the
subject.  And I suggest the use of a dictionary while writing; this
might prevent misuse of words such as "pontification."
However, to show that I am far less belligerent and much more amicable
than you, I'll go with your description "a talented New Orleans
musician," even add "very."  To most people, despite there being lots
of modernists in New Orleans, "New Orleans" indicates traditional -
something I cannot help, although I do know better.
Cheers