[Dixielandjazz] Songs about F......: Sex & Music

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Fri Apr 13 13:41:58 PDT 2012

Steve;

Perhaps the writer doesn't realize that there have been songs with sexual
content for many hundreds of years if not earlier. I recently picked-up a CD
titled "So Quick, So Hot, So Mad" and sub-titled "Elizabethan Bawdy Songs"
which is now stored next to "The Art of The Bawdy Song". Both have songs
written in the 1500 and 1600's. I don't doubt that there were bawdy songs in
ancient Greece and other eras and cultures as well.

Stan
Stan Brager