[Dixielandjazz] US Visa Rules for Foreign Performers

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:05:36 PDT 2012

Not really similar, Steve.

Of course, it depends on what "government support was
 withdrawn" means.  If financial support, it is one thing; if not -
it's a completely different story.
And such things happen all the time.  A few years ago, at the request
of the organizer of a Polish festival, I contacted an Israeli band
with the offer to particiapte in that festival.  But the long, largely
bureaucratic, hassle finally prevented the trip (by the time financing
was finally obtained and the Poles were ready to send an official
invitation, several members got much better offers and the whole thing
failed.
Cheers