[Dixielandjazz] US Visa Rules for Foreign Performers

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 11 15:55:25 PDT 2012

On Apr 11, 2012, Ulf Jagfors wrote: (about visa problems)

> How Steve?
>
> No chance there will be any changes in near future. Security goes
> first if
> you now can specify what security is. Mexican border perhaps??
> Sooner or later there will be counter reactions from countries
> outside US.
> So Dolly, Woody and Bruce and all other may have to stay at home if
> this
> will go on for long.

How indeed Ulf? That's a darn good question. Political discord being
what it is in the USA virtually nothing will happen to change things.

And I agree with your "counter reaction" from other countries opinion.
A few weeks ago, we  had an upcoming  Russian tour cancelled by the
Russian Government. No real reason given other than "government
support was withdrawn". Then too, tensions between the US and Russian
Governments seem to be increasing.

This kind of an issue is not even on the radar screen of our
politicians. They could care less. Plus, unfortunately, we have no
lobbying voice, or money, or votes to move them to any action. Sad to
say that "it is what it is" and that's unfortunate.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband