[Dixielandjazz] Lead sheet for "With Plenty of Money"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 7 17:25:45 PDT 2012

Dingo wrote [in part]:
> That's one of my favourite tunes of the era, at least, the Dick Powell version is which can be heard at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78U_38V804
> There's some very tasty clarinet at 1.05 which, for the last 3 decades I have been trying (on and off) to put a name to. The drummer shines briefly at 1.18 too.

Dear John,
It was recorded for Decca in Los Angeles on 11 November 1936 accompanied by Victor Young and His Orch.
All we need to do now is to find who was in Young's recording studio pool at that time.
Both the drummer and clarinetist are familiar to me too.
Jimmy Dorsey and Ray McKinley?
The Jimmy Dorsey band was in LA at that time.
Very kind regards,
Bill.