[Dixielandjazz] Sweet Georgia Brown

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 22 12:43:34 PDT 2011

<<we both included the caveat when posting that there would be  folks on the
DJML who would not like these versions>>

Hi,
surely it goes without saying that whatever piece of music is played there
will be some people on the list who don`t like it.  We couldn`t agree on a
definition of `jazz` so the term OKOM was introduced so that all the music
played and discussed  would be within the widest possible `jazz` umbrella
without getting down to tight groups of New Orleans,Dixie, Chicago,East
Coast, West Coast  etc.

Trying to form a group where everyone would like it all is about like
getting the UN to agree to bomb China. A bit unlikely

Pat