[Dixielandjazz] showmanship

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:13:36 PDT 2011

Personal experience:
In 1969 I saw the Louis Armstrong All Stars in Tel-Aviv, and was put
off by Trummy Young's operating his slide with his foot.  After that,
I wouldn't listen to Young for years, as I considered him a showman
rather than a musician.  Only years later, after having heard "Louis
Armstrong plays W.C. Handy, did I realize what a great player Trummy
Young was!
Cheers