[Dixielandjazz] Artist, Performer, Student, Camper, Vintage Instrument Travel

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 09:22:54 PDT 2011

I've been interested in Ulf's discussion and questions about traveling and
performing.  At the moment I'm focused on the artist visa fee.  See  below.
"One obstacle remains, you are not allowed, when travelling on a  standard
tourist visa, to make any kind of public performances, paid or not  paid,
like attending a jam in a bar in N.O. For that you need an artist visa
which
will cost you $150."

This is my take.  When one pays their money and enrolls in an adult
learning camp, you are paying to take part in the experiences arranged for
students.  That may well include the learning experience of playing before  the
public.

My suggestion is bring your camp registration, info from the web describing
 the camp, receipts for fees paid, etc.  You are NOT at the camp as an
artist, even if you are the world's best.  You are traveling to be an  adult
student camper.

Ginny