[Dixielandjazz] More Girls Going Crazy

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 30 19:28:13 PDT 2011

frank selman wrote:
>> Here is another performance of Ory's singing "All the girls go crazy": it is on a 4 CD box labelled Quadromania, 222466-444, issued in Germany by MEMBRAN Gmbh. in 2005. It was recorded live At the Green Room, S.F. on october 2, 1947. And as for titles, it is  titled "All the girls SO crazy".

Dear Frank,
This may be a significant find, particularly as it has a definite date.
However, I have not been able to find any references to it.
What are the other titles from the session. If any.
Have you compared it with the version on American Music AMCD-43, which provides the numerical date format: 2/10/47.
Which translates to aliens as 10 February 1947!
Sid Bailey list the date as 10 February 1946.
Coincidence?
Very kind regards,
Bill.