[Dixielandjazz] Red Hot Jazz Site (was Davenport Blues)

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Mon Oct 24 05:20:45 PDT 2011

Dear Bill, and all other interested parties,

Please be patient. Patrice Champarou and I are working on availability of
the Red Hot Jazz Archive. Patrice is building up an index of all recordings
on the site, and is at present structuring this. When it's ready we intend
to go public. When we're ready we'll give you all the details, but it's too
soon at the moment. I have gone through Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton,
Johnny Dodds, Fats Waller, King Oliver, Clarence Williams, Kid Ory, Sidney
Bechet, Duke Ellington, and I'm now working on Fletcher Henderson.

However, the Mac problem is something we can't address, so it needs someone
to solve this so that all you unfortunate owners of Macs can get to the
recordings on Scott Alexander's magnificent work.

For your information: I use Real Player version 14.0.3.647 and Internet
Explorer version 8.0.6001.18702 on Windows XP.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith