[Dixielandjazz] It's trad, dad

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sun Oct 23 21:47:23 PDT 2011

> As one does, I was looking at the Sydney TV programme guide last Sunday
> morning and noticed a movie named "Ring-a-ding rhythm". 'What on earth
> could that be', I thought. A check on IMDb showed that it is the American
> title for the 1962 British movie "It's trad, dad".
>
> Under either title it's wonderful - stacks of good jazz from people like
> Dukes of Dixieland, Chris Barber, Ottilie Patterson, Acker Bilk, Kenny
> Ball, Bob Wallis, Terry Lightfoot and Temperance Seven. It's a must for
> DJMLers. Also a must for movie enthusiasts - it's the directorial debut of
> Richard Lester.
>
> All the best,
> Anton

I agree Anton, it was excellent - the music that is - I thought the plot (if
that's what you call it) was RS, but the photography was good - sharp as two
tacks. Unfortunately 9.30 a.m. was a bit early for sitting in front of the
TV, so  I set the timer to record it, As is usual with commercial TV it
started late, so I missed the last ten minutes or so - but I was
particularly delighted with the Dukes and the Temperance Seven.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell