[Dixielandjazz] Red Hot Jazz Site (was Davenport Blues)

Dave Stoddard dhs2 at peoplepc.com
Sun Oct 23 21:05:55 PDT 2011

Bill Haesler wrote:

However, for at least 12 months, I have been unable to access music on this
wonderful site.
Numerous DJMLers have had a similar problem, yet no one seems to know why
the music is unavailable.
Your latest message implies that you can access the music.
How?
Is there a new link?
I just tried the one you gave and although the site/discography is there,
the music is not.

Folks:

I have tried this site off and on for the last year and never had any
trouble with it.  At one point, I did have to download a new version of
RealPlayer, at which time the music played as always.  Occasionally a
recording won't play for me, but most of them do.  I do not have any new
site URLs to offer.  I will say that when I saw tonight's message, I
immediately went to RHJA and tried Bouncin' in Rhythm by Adrian and his Tap
Room Gang.  RealPlayer popped up and played the tune in less than a minute.
Here is the URL which displayed: http://www.redhotjazz.com/adrianstrg.html.

I will add that I run PCs on various Windows products.  My Internet
connection is dialup.  I have heard of people using MACs and Apple software
having problems with this site.  My level of computer knowledge doesn't
allow me any suggestions, I am afraid.

I wish everyone success with this site.

Regards,
Dave Stoddard