[Dixielandjazz] It's trad, dad

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 23 21:04:49 PDT 2011

Hello all

As one does, I was looking at the Sydney TV programme guide last Sunday
morning and noticed a movie named "Ring-a-ding rhythm". 'What on earth
could that be', I thought. A check on IMDb showed that it is the
American title for the 1962 British movie "It's trad, dad".

Under either title it's wonderful - stacks of good jazz from people like
Dukes of Dixieland, Chris Barber, Ottilie Patterson, Acker Bilk, Kenny
Ball, Bob Wallis, Terry Lightfoot and Temperance Seven. It's a must for
DJMLers. Also a must for movie enthusiasts - it's the directorial debut
of Richard Lester.

All the best,
Anton