[Dixielandjazz] Pee Wee and Monk (was Especially For the drummers)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 07:42:07 PDT 2011

Nonsense!
I have had the misfortune of hearing Miles and Coltrane; I wish I
haven't, but it's too late.  I knew Miles - and found his playing
boring - long before I even heard the name of Wild Bill Davison.  I
knew most of the boring Brubeck records by heart before I first heard
Red Allen.  I am not a masochist, and am certainly not going to repeat
that annoying experience.  In time, I separated the grain, and I am
determined to leave the chaff for those who want it.