[Dixielandjazz] Young people

David Washburn tootn4u at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:11:09 PDT 2011

On reaching younger audiences:

We have a smaller school district nearby that is encouraging their
kids to broaden their musical experience; unlike the majority who only
have a band program to be at the football games and band competition.
My group is planning a "mini-jazz camp" in the early Spring to help
the kids, as well as increase the awareness of live/traditional jazz.
We will probably do it on a Saturday when we can spend the best part
of the day working on some selected tunes and helping the kids come up
with some solos,  a little theory etc. as time permits in such a short
period. Then, that evening they will put on a show for their freinds
and family and anybody in the community who would like to attend. We
will do a couple of numbers also. Then maybe all of us will wind up
with the Saints.  So far everybody is excited about this, including
myself.

--
http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=103394309705847#!/pages/Dave-Washburns-Three-Quarters-Fast-Jazz-Band/103394309705847

Your source for professional & student musical instruments at best price.
Bach, King, Selmer & much more. (Brass, woodwinds, strings)