[Dixielandjazz] FW: Barbone Street Concert on the WilmingtonRiverfront

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Oct 20 00:54:38 PDT 2011

Steve Barbone wrote:

>Last Saturday she named "Isn't It A Lovely Day" in F,  a song none of us
had played together before and we did it as if we had been playing it for
years. Not many bands can do that kind of thing.......

A generalization with little founding, to say the least.  I would say it is
more common that bands "can do that kind of thing" than visa versa, based on
the fact that there are a lot of good musicians out there with good ears &
lots of experience.

Jim