[Dixielandjazz] Bass Ale Blues

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 03:47:47 PDT 2011

Was Bass Ale marketed in the US?
Today. 20's Jazz sent a link to Bass Ale Blues by the Hottentots.
Phil Napoleon and Frank Signorelli wrote that  lovely - and lively -
number, and the Hottentots (one of the many psudonyms for the Red
Nichols-Miff Mole aggregation.  Bass Ale is an English ale, a lovely
one, by the way (I know, Americans do not refer to food and drink as
lovely, but Bass is English), but how come Americans devoted a song
thereto?
Cheers (haven't got any Bass available right now, so I'll have a Jem
8.8 instead)

Explanation:
Jem is a boutique Israeli brand; 8.8 refers to the alcohol content of
that Belgian style ale.  Jem has other excellent products, but 8.8 and
the dark lager are my favourites.