[Dixielandjazz] Marshall Square Park Concert - guitar style

Peter Dann peterdann at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 4 21:33:55 PDT 2011

Steve,

Thanks very much for directing me to these highly stimulating
examples, where the guitar is very clearly audible. As you say, the
guitar is anything but 4/4 strumming here. It's also very clean,
sophisticated and spare. To my ear, the music sounds like a
fascinating hybrid of older and newer influences, and the performances
are outstanding.

With best wishes,

Peter Dann