[Dixielandjazz] How To Succeed in Killing a Trad Festival Without Really Trying

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:12:47 PST 2011

>> Furthermore I am sick and tired of a few old moldy figs .
>
> Come on Steve, you've done it again.
> Misused the term and denigrated your genuine "moldy fig" listmates.
> A true mouldy fig couldn't care less about jazz festivals or nightclubs.
> We are too busy listening to our old jazz records, sorting out things like the Leo Reisman' Bubber Miley sessions,

Come on, Bill!
A "real mouldy fyg" doesn't listen to such modern musicians as Bubber
Miley!  Nor, perish the thought, sweet bands like Leo Reisman's!  A
real mouldy fyg only listens to "real" trad - king Oliver, The Hot
Peppers, or Lu Watters and other West Coast styked bands.
Cab Calloway?  A big band?!  No way!
Cheers