[Dixielandjazz] Videos on YouTube; Capital letters (was: Beebe CD)

Daniel S. Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 2 08:46:07 PDT 2011

Jazzman Joe (c: DJML)--
    I know what you mean about you eyesight not being very good at an advanced age.  I'm a mere 69 and also wear trifocals, but for computer work i either take off my glasses when i am using my laptop (on, appropriately enough, my lap, and therefore closer to my eyes), or use another pair of close-up glasses when using my desktop computer.
    In both cases, however, there's at least one more alternative: set your preferences in your email-application to use a bigger font-size for messages.  On my laptop (a MacBook) i'm using the font and size called Chalkboard 18 (Chalkboard is the name of the font, and 18 is the point-size).  You could even use a larger point-size, like 24, and/or a different font (like American Typewriter) that you can read more easily. Then you wouldn't have to type in capital letters.
    You have put some great videos out there, and i commend and applaud your work!  Please keep it up!

    Dan