[Dixielandjazz] Bob Seeley (was Ghost Monk)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed May 25 17:43:12 PDT 2011

ROBERT R. CALDER wrote [in part]:
> Genuine blues and barrelhouse pianists are the easiest to misrepresent, with the exception of the venerable and glorious Bob Seeley, who spent his youth in prudent association with Meade Lux Lewis.

Dear Robert,
Your mention of Bob Seeley reminded me of the extensive coverage given to Mister Seeley in the 1988 Peter J Silvester book 'A Left Hand Like God. A History of Boogie boogie Piano.'
I was intrigued about him when I read it, but there were no recordings readily available.
Then forgot about him.
A search of the internet this morning turned up some YouTube examples which supports your comment.
Thank you for the lead.
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLPvprjSLE0
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1paAV0R-Oc&feature=related
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKlyjIlXYgc&feature=related