[Dixielandjazz] Jon Erik Kellso

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:23:19 PDT 2011

Hello folks,
Difficult to conceive of Kellso in a West Coast context.  Perhaps he
often plays with West Coast style bands in the States, but my friends
and I have always considered him a sophisticated, thoughtful player,
more swing than trad.  Unlike most of my jazz friends,I have heard
Kellso live several times in Europe, and that is the impression I got.
 Both his Arbors recordings and the Ear REgulars videos corroborate
that picture.
Cheers