[Dixielandjazz] 1919 Rag - Rifle Rangers March

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue May 3 07:11:23 PDT 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Roy (Bud) Taylor wrote:

> I found an old video called Jazz Casual featuring Turk Murphy
> playing 1919 Rag and then interviewed about Traditional Jazz.  He
> said 1919 Rag was originally an old French march.  The band is
> listed as the New Orleans Stompers.  Really a nice interview about
> Turk's goals.
>
> http://www.getacd.es/
> escuchar_oH47Z8UXw-8/1919_rag_new_orleans_stompers
>

> --
> Roy (Bud) Taylor
> Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band
> Rochester, New York
> Traditional Jazz since 1958
> "we ain't just whistling dixie!"

If you can't find Turk Murphy at the above link which shows a Japanese
Band, go to the below link for Turk's Band playing 1919 March and his
explanation of where it came from: That plus an interesting interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mH-RiqE3_s&NR=1

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband