[Dixielandjazz] Spotify and Red Hot Jazz

Ulf Jagfors ulf.jagfors at telia.com
Sun May 1 03:08:31 PDT 2011

Dear Bill

Thanks for your info.

Perhaps that will, at least partly, solve the problem for Marek and other
interested list mates.
If someone in Israel, USA or any other not listed countries have success
connecting to Spotify, please let me know. I guaranty that you will not be
disappointed with the vast content of OKOM music both old, revival and
contemporary material.

It is a pity that Red Hot Jazz from time to time have functional problem and
also seems to be out of service for Mac users. The Real Audio codec might be
one of the problem here, as always with all type of propriety systems like
MAC. MP3 is more flexible with many sources for codecs. That leads to the
question what will happened with the site when the current owner no longer
can maintain the site. This fantastic source of OKOM music should continue
also for the next decades to come. But who can and will take up the
challenge to do so.

For those not interested. I am sorry for this long thread but at least for
me Red Hot Jazz and today Spotify are the prime life lines when searching
for early and revival jazz recordings. I have perhaps been to eager to share
my views.

Ulf Jagfors (pron.Yeagforce)
Stockholm