[Dixielandjazz] Dukes of Dixieland

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Mar 21 11:07:21 PDT 2011

The Sheik wrote:
>The reason I consider the Dukes so valuable is that one can learn all the
cliches (no criticism implied)--intros, endings, routines--used by dixieland
bands.

Oh so true!  I always mention the FH5+2 for the same reason.  It's like
taking an at home course in Dixieland listening to those bands.  And, as the
Sheik says, no criticism implied, nor should any be taken about listening to
other, older bands.  But, these two bands are an excellent "first step"!
The one that is then "taken in" will then go on to find other bands...

Jim