[Dixielandjazz] Dukes of Dixieland

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Mon Mar 21 11:50:57 PDT 2011

Back in their hey-day in the Fifties we jazz fans regarded the Dukes of Dixieland (I've got an LP
of theirs with Louis, somewhere) and the Fire House Five + 2 as irrevocably corny.
I did have a soft spot for the Castle Jazz Band though, even though they were tarred with the sam brush.
But we thought none of them were in the same league as contemporary
Scobey (away from the trudge-pig noise of Watters, of course).

Steve Voce