[Dixielandjazz] Galvanized Jazz Band Alert!

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:59:18 PDT 2011

Galvanized Jazz Band Alert
Hi GJB Fans,

                       March 21, 2011
Happy Spring!

(See Heartbeat Jazz Band, below, for Yankee Clipper time change)

GJB IN CONCERT, with Skip Hughes, this Saturday, March 26th for the Orange
Arts and Culture Council, 8-10PM at the Holy Infant School Gymnasium, 456
Race Brook Road, Orange. Seating will be cabaret style, with attendees
encouraged to bring snacks and beverages. This is a kick off fundraiser for
performing/exhibition space in Orange. Tickets are $20.00 for OACC Members,
$25.00 for non-members.   Call 203 314 2704 for tickets.

RAG TIME!!
On Friday, March 25,   the Neighborhood Music School's Faculty Ragtime
Ensemble will give a concert featuring popular rags from one hundred years
ago
arranged for clarinet, flute, violin, cello, piano and tuba by Art Hovey.
The concert will begin at 7:30 pm and will last approximately one hour.
The
NMS is located at 100 Audubon Street in New Haven.   This concert is free
and open to the public. There is an indoor parking garage just two doors
down
the street.   For more information you can call the NMS at 203-624-5189.

A Wonderful Recording!
Our good friend, JOE LICARI, has a new CD. It's called 'ALL MY LIFE', and
features Joe on clarinet with Mark Shane on piano.   Just two guys, but they
make beautiful music together.   Check it out on Joe's web site,
www.joelicari.com.

The GJB will be at Aunt Chilada's, 3931 Whitney Ave, Hamden, SUNDAY, April
17th, 6:30-9 (THE THIRD SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH) with Tom Artin-trombone,
Cynthia Fabian-vocals, Bill Sinclair-piano, Noel Kaletsky and Russ Whitman
-reeds, Art Hovey-bass, Fred Vigorito-cornet, Bob Bequillard-drums, Joel
Schiavone
-banjo, a 9 piece band!  Don't miss the hot Jazz, great food, and dancing
too! No cover, no minimum!   Call 203-230-4640 for reservations.

A Jazz Dance, with the Galvanized Jazz Band!   Friday, May 13th, 6:30PM,
Unitarian Society of New Haven.   More details soon.   Mark your calendars!

GJB IN CONCERT, with Skip Hughes! Tuesday, May 17, 7:30-8:30 PM, at the
beautiful Nelson Hall at Elim Park, 150 Cook Hill Road, Cheshire, CT. And
it's
free!   For details and reservations, check out their Web site:
www.nelsonhallelimpark.org, or call 203-699-5495.

GJB CDs…Please check our web site, http://www.galvanizedjazz.com for
details on how and what to order, or you can order by phone, 203-453-5916,
or by
email, vigorjazz at aol.com, $15, post paid.

The Heartbeat Jazz Band, with special guest Ben Griffin this Wed, continues
their weekly Jazz Lunch gig every Wednesday, 12 noon to 1:30PM at the
Yankee Clipper Restaurant, 157 West Main Street, Niantic, CT (860-739-9634).
Just
take exit 72 off I95, left on 156, 1 mile on left just past Rocky Neck
State Park, and you're there! The band will also be at Olivers in Essex on
Thursday, April 7th, 7-9:30PM, with Skip Hughes!   Remember, it's the first
Thursday of every month! Contact leader Bill Logozzo at
Bill at nutmegchrome.com or
http://www.heartbeatjazzband.net for details.

Help the Hot Steamed Jazz Fest, and remember a friend or family member.

Jean Hadley is once again soliciting for the Hot Steamed "Remembrance"
program page.   If you would like to remember a former friend, fan, loved
one or
musician, just contact Jean M. Hadley, P.O. Box 153, Northford, CT 06472,
(203) 250-8881, email: jeanhadley at webtv.net.

WWW.OKOM.COM <http://www.okom.com/>
Make sure you check out this wonderful web site, for Our Kind Of Music,
with our good friend Bruce McNichols, OKOM's Program Director!

~Marce Enright…has a great web site with all you'd like to know about NEW
ENGLAND TRADITIONAL JAZZ PLUS.   Check out her web site: www.nejazz.com.

~Jeff Barnhart is everywhere.   Visit him at:  http://www.jeffbarnhart.com,
or contact him at mysticrag at aol.com.

~JIM FRYER: He's a busy guy, with a great web site.   Check it out to see
his playing schedule and recordings, http://www.jfryer.com.

~Scott Kahn (bass) is getting around. Email him for performance dates at
scevka at netzero.com.

~Pierce Campbell: continues the Funky Butt Jazz Band tradition.   Check out
http://www.piercecampbell.com.

Need your piano tuned, by a professional Jazz musician?   Just call Bill
Sinclair at 203-261-3208, or Email him at: booboo_1940 at yahoo.com.

For more details, just go to our award winning web site,
http://www.galvanizedjazz.com

See you soon!   Thanks for your support!

Fred Vigorito-The Galvanized Jazz Band!

PS A little bird told me that there will be a Great Connecticut Traditional
Jazz Festival this year, on Saturday, July 30th, one day only.   Details to
follow.

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?