[Dixielandjazz] Hoagy Carmichael 1930 Lazy River-liver

Marvin Ipswich cornet at clearwire.net
Thu Mar 17 18:27:28 PDT 2011

Hi, Bill,
Thanks for your input. I guess my ears deceive.

I don't hear a trombone behind Jack's vocal. On the first chorus, what I
hear is McPartland playing a concert Eb on the cornet and bending the note
and, obviously, Krupa playing afterbeats on the tom-tom. On the second
chorus I hear Mezz playing clarinet in the low register. So if there's a
trombone, you'll have to enlighten me!

You are aware that Jack is playing the solos with the bell off the horn and
substituting a drinking glass for the bell section.

Regards,
Marvin