[Dixielandjazz] Hoagy Carmichael 1930 Lazy River-liver

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 17 13:36:54 PDT 2011

Marvin Ipswich wrote [in part]:
> I'm wondering if anyone else hears Hoagy sing "liver" instead of "river" at
> 1:26 on this 1930 version
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQwCi8f3iuk
> Sadly this is not the best quality recording since it seems to have been
> taken off the original 78.

Dear Marvin,
Sorry, but no. Unfortunately.
It would have been a pleasure to confirm your discovery.
(I used earphones to check my copy on the JSP CD Hoagy 2.)
While I've got your ear.
Who do you think plays trombone behind Jack Teagarden's vocal on Eddie Condon Footwarmers' "Makin Friends' (30 Oct 1028)?
   http://redhotjazz.com/songs/condon/makinfriends.ram
A listening 'discovery' we young kids made back in the 1940s.
Very kind regards,
Bill.