[Dixielandjazz] So. Rampart St. Parade

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Mar 10 12:08:28 PST 2011

Harry Callaghan wrote:

> while I have no way of knowing, I would also
> prefer to think that Paul Shaeffer does not play any role in the selection
> of musical guests for "Late Night With David Letterman".
>
> I find it almost inconceivable that a man who has put together that great
> CBS Orchestra would also select some of the terrible performers that the
> late night audience must be subjected to.

Harry, Chances are the terrible bands that appear on the Letterman and Leno shows, pay their way on.  I know years ago a band that went on the Tonight show when Carson had it, had to pay themselves through the musician's union as the Tonight Show would not pay for them.

--Bob (They paid me not to go on the show) Ringwald