[Dixielandjazz] So. Rampart St. Parade

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 10 00:50:56 PST 2011

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part]:
> .....I don't know if it was either Bauduc or Haggart or someone else, but lyrics were added to their
> "Big Noise From Winetka" so Bob Crosby could sing it in some movie (the name of which I'm sure Mr. Haesler will recall).

Dear Harry,
Those lyrics to "Big Noise...." were penned by Bob Crosby and Gil Rodin and recorded (with vocal by Bob and the Bob-O-Links) on 23 December 1940.
The 1940-41 film you have in mind was "Let's Make Music".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZWuZ-ReRY8&feature=related
The 'song' was also performed by Bob Haggart, Ray Bauduc, Bob Crosby and the Wilde Twins (plus two unknown males) in the 1943 film "Reveille with Beverly".
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzwoc7UWdBw
Kind regards as always,
Bill.