[Dixielandjazz] So. Rampart St. Parade

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:38:17 PST 2011

Now that "South Rampart Street Parade" has been resolved, I don't know if it
was either Bauduc or Haggart or someone else, but lyrics were added to their
"Big Noise From Winetka" so Bob Crosby could sing it in some movie (the name
of which I'm sure Mr. Haesler will recall)

As far as I'm concerned, it was bad and a half.

I would really prefer to think that it was NOT Johnny Burke who added lyrics
to Haggart's "I'm Free", making it "What's New"

Do I have the right Burke this time?,.  I keep mixing him up with Jimmy "The
Gent" Burke who masterminded the Lufthansia heist at JFK airport. (or was it
still Idlewild then?)

Oh, and while we're at it, while I have no way of knowing, I would also
prefer to think that Paul Shaeffer does not play any role in the selection
of musical guests for "Late Night With David Letterman".

I find it almost inconceivable that a man who has put together that great
CBS Orchestra would also select some of the terrible performers that the
late night audience must be subjected to.

Tides
HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?