[Dixielandjazz] Instrumentation similar to the KOCJB

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Thu Mar 3 10:28:57 PST 2011

Much as I enjoy listening to Louis Armstrong, King Oliver, Jelly Roll Morton
et al., my favourite jazz musician is Johnny Dodds. The obbligato I never
tire of listening to is that wonderful, superb low register playing behind
Lil Armstong's vocal on the Hot Seven's "That's When I'll Come Back To You".
The first record I heard with Dodds was the Hot Five's "The Last Time" when
I bought the Parlophone 78 in 1947, and that convinced me that Dodds was the
world's best jazz musician.

Cheers

Bob Smith